Cowboy Up Your Grilling Game
This espresso chile rub recipe, made for a rodeo, is a customer favorite. Thomas Hammer Fireball Espresso is mixed with chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, and a touch of cayenne to give you a high octane coffee rub. When you combine spicy, sweet, and rich espresso, the depth of flavor of your red meat is beyond compare, and you get the coffee crust of your dreams. Toss it on the grill and even the city slickers will be yelling YEEEEHAW!
Spiceology Cowboy Crust Espresso Chile Rub's flavor-packed combination of warm spices, espresso and a touch of brown sugar kicks up grilled or BBQ'd meat, including: beef, wild game, poultry, pork -- even hearty seafoods. Add this rub to butter for a flavorful compound to top grilled meats or savory vegetables. So many options, so little time...
- Large 4.4 oz glass jar
- Crafted in small batches
- Hand packed from local ingredients
- All natural: No artificial colors or flavors
- No preservatives, fillers, or MSG
- Gluten Free, Vegan
- By Spiceology / Made in the USA
Ingredients: spices, espresso powder, brown sugar, mustard seed, salt. Produced in a facility that uses dairy, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts.
~ Available for Local Next Day Delivery \ Not eligible for return once opened
The combination of the rich espresso and the warm chile is beautifully earthy, and a robust combination well-suited to stand up to strong beefy flavors. The brown sugar binds the flavors together beautifully, and adds a lovely caramelization.
Don't shy from trying this on other proteins or vegetables, as well -- just use a much smaller amount and blend with other flavors or agents.
Equally impressive is the generous jar size and striking presentation - making it a wonderful gift, as well.
Here's a few uses for Cowboy Crust:
- Use to season meats, especially beef & game
- Sprinkle generously on steak or brisket, and smoke or grill
- Add to softened butter and use to add flavor to grilled meats & vegetables
- Rub on a whole turkey and bake or smoke
- Add to chili, stews & braises for delicious flavor
- See BON! for recipe inspirations (coming soon)