Radiating Exotic Aromas & Flavors
Fresh coriander and hand-picked parsley, blended with other traditional Mediterranean ingredients, including BELAZU's Beldi preserved lemons, for a warm, intense flavor with a hint of citrus. Brush onto meat or fish for a sophisticated flavor punch.
The salty lemons in Chermoula point to its origins as a preserve, but today it is used as a marinade, protein coating, and to start or finish a stew or soup. There is a famous dish in Morocco, "twejeen m'charml," which literally means "chermoulised."
BELAZU has been bringing quality ingredients from the Mediterranean to chefs all over the world since 1991. They have also nurtured long-term partnerships with artisanal growers who share the belief that the ingredient is king.
- 4.5 oz jar
- No chemicals, no preservatives
- All Natural: free from artificial colors and flavors
- Gluten Free, MSG Free
- Vegan, Vegetarian Society approved
- By BELAZU Ingredients Co.
- Imported from United Kingdom / Shipped from USA
Ingredients: sunflower oil, preserved lemons (24%), onions, capers, fresh coriander (4%), fresh parsley, salt, cumin (2%), garlic puree, dried coriander, red chili peppers, spices, acidity regulator: citric acid
~ Available for Local Next Day Delivery \ Not eligible for return once opened
Chermoula, also known as charmoula, originated from different countries in Africa, including Morocco, Tunisia, and Algeria, varying in spice style enormously, according to the maker and the country of origin.
The possibilities are practically endless with this versatile Chermoula blend: tagines, rice, roasted vegetables, soups and even couscous all benefit from this paste.
Here are some other uses to try:
- Dollop onto Moroccan baked eggs
- Toss through cooked green vegetables
- Mix with honey as a dressing for seared beef
- Ideal with fish such as sea bass with citrus
- See BON! for recipe inspirations (coming soon)