We Took the Best Thing from Canada & We're Not Sorry
Canada is famous for a lot of things: maple syrup, snow, hockey, ketchup-flavored potato chips...the list goes on. Our favorite is their famous steak seasoning, which legend has it was started back in the 1940's at Schwartz's Deli in Montreal. Back then, the seasoning was a repurposing of what they used for their famous smoked and cured meats - this time instead used directly on steaks and as a marinade.
Well, we - and many others - have discovered that Montreal Steak Seasoning's charms aren't limited to red meat. Far from it - from enlivening roast potatoes, to spicing up veggies on the BBQ, to making your simple side salad sing, Gustus Vitae's all natural, small-batch take on a classic makes this spice blend an indispensable partner in the kitchen. Our personal favorite is actually when it's paired with fish: big tuna, swordfish, or mahi-mahi steaks left overnight in a simple marinade of olive oil and our Montreal Steak Seasoning, then seared quickly on the grill outside or in a cast iron pan on the stove top. Attache ta tuque!
- 2.5 oz (71g) net wt
- Magnetized backing: sticks to your fridge or other metal surface
- Crafted in small batches
- Hand packed in California from local and imported ingredients
- Not irradiated or treated with ETO gas
- All natural: free from artificial colors and flavors
- No nuts, soy, dairy, or sugar
- Vegan, Gluten Free
- By Gustus Vitae / Made in the USA
Ingredients: garlic, crushed black pepper, coriander seed, dried chili peppers, sea salt, paprika
~ Available for Local Next Day Delivery \ Not eligible for return once opened
Quality & flavor. Gustus Vitae is meticulous about their ingredient selection, and you can taste it. If you're looking for a savory, ROBUST steak spice blend, this easy to use, well-balanced blend adds instant, mouthwatering, steakhouse flavor to your favorite (or new favorite) dishes.
This hand-blended seasoning is portioned in a petite-but-mighty container - with potent flavors. High quality ingredients with no fillers, a little goes a long way.
Use this blend with:
- Steaks, Burgers, Meatballs/Meatloafs
- Chicken, Turkey, Smoked Meats
- Seafood: Ahi, Salmon, Halibut, Shrimp
- Veggies, Potatoes, Marinades, and more...
- See BON! for recipe inspirations (coming soon)