Spicy Tri-Tip Tacos with BBQ Sauce
Tri-Tip Tacos with a Serious, Savory Twist
Switch up your taco game with these spicy and flavorful Tri-Tip Tacos. Tri-tip, or Santa Maria cut, is the bottom part of the sirloin subprimal cut of beef. It’s somewhat triangular which gives it three points or tips (thus tri-tip), and is extremely tender and filled with beef flavor. We kicked this up a notch with help from our spicy Notorious P.I.G. rub, then topped it with our hot *Touch O' Heat BBQ sauce... or *Honey Sweet BBQ sauce, if you want to take down the heat.
- 1 lb tri-tip
- 2-3 tablespoons Notorious P.I.G. Pulled Pork Rub
- 8 tortillas, street-sized
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white onion minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 cup Touch O' Heat or Honey Sweet BBQ sauce
- Place the tri-tip on a sheet tray and season with Notorious P.I.G. Allow to sit out at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to 225° F.
- Place the tri-tip on the grill, over indirect heat. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes, or until temperature reaches 125° F, for medium rare. Remove the tri-tip from the grill and rest for 10 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 450° F. Sear the tri-tip 2 minutes per side, over open flames. Remove from grill, rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes, then slice thin, against the grain.
- Assemble tacos: tortilla, lettuce, tri-tip, tomatoes, queso, onion, cilantro, and a drizzle of BBQ Sauce. Serve warm.
~ Recipe courtesy of our friends at PS Seasoning. *(We substituted our Rufus Teague BBQ sauces)
Be the first to comment.