Seared Scallops with Black Garlic Cream Sauce
Dive Into These Easy Seared Scallops
Impress your loved ones by whipping up these easy and elegant seared scallops. Served over a bed of sauteed greens and drizzled with a homemade black garlic and chardonnay cream sauce, your friends and family will ask when you graduated from culinary school.
- 6 -- U10 Diver Scallops, muscle removed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup chardonnay
- 1 teaspoon King Shallot Black Garlic Blend
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh kale, chopped
- 1 tsp Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- King Shallot Black Garlic Blend, to taste
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and butter to skillet. When butter begins to brown, lay scallops in pan. Sauté 2 to minutes per side, using a spoon to continually baste the scallops with butter throughout the cooking process. Scallops are done when golden chestnut in color.
- Transfer scallops to plate, then add chardonnay to skillet to deglaze. Add King Shallot and heavy cream. Allow sauce to reduce 2 to 3 minutes, whisking frequently, until sauce lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and kale to skillet and sauté until greens have wilted. Season with King Shallot.
- To plate, make 3 small beds of spinach and kale, then place 2 scallops on each. Spoon sauce over scallops. Serve hot and dive in!
~ Recipe courtesy of our friends at PS Seasoning. *(We substituted our Parmesan Garlic & Meyer Lemon Olive Oils)