Smoked Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
A Little Apple & Spice Makes a Sandwich Nice
~ Recipe courtesy of our friends at PS Seasoning
Smoky tenderloin, creamy brie and crisp apples come together for a sandwich that's one for the books. The tenderloin is seasoned in our cinnamon spice Apple Pie rub, sliced then layered up on a hearty baguette. Serve with a crisp apple and fennel slaw as a fresh side.
- 1 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 2 T Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice Rub
- 2 oz Brie, sliced thinly
- 1 Apple, sliced thinly
- 2 Ciabatta Rolls or 1/2 a Baguette
- 1 T Butter
- 2 cups Green Cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 Apple, julienned
- 1 Celery Stalk, sliced thinly
- 1 Fennel Bulb, sliced thinly
- 1/2 T Fennel Fronds, chopped
- 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Homemade Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice Rub
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to 225 F.
- Use a sharp knife to remove excess fat and silver skin from the pork tenderloin, then cut in half, and season with Apple Pie Rub.
- Set the pork tenderloin on the grill, over indirect heat, close the lid, and smoke the pork tenderloin for 35 to 45 minutes, until the internal temperature reads 145 F.
- Meanwhile, prepare apple-fennel slaw. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, lemon juice, Apple Pie rub, celery seeds, salt, and pepper. Add cabbage, apple, celery, fennel, and fronds. Toss to coat, then set aside.
- Remove the pork from the grill and place on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes, then slice thin.
- Meanwhile, brush the rolls/baguette with butter, then place on the grill for 2 minutes to toast, or under low-broil.
- Assemble the sandwich: bottom roll, apple slices, smoked pork tenderloin, brie, top roll. Serve warm with a side of apple-fennel slaw.